Monday, January 7, 2008

Odyssey (12)

I'm kinda surprised at how super nice Circe is, because she's got to be at least a little angry that Odysseus is leaving, yet she's giving him hints and directions that Odysseus might not have survived without them.

But I really like her tiny outburst against the men on page 138.

I remember the Sirens! They were in a movie, probably a couple movies I've seen actually, but the only one I can really think of is a Disney movie where they are sailing to the end of the earth (which is supposedly flat I think). I forget the name of the movie, but I think there was something where they were on a ship and there were sounds and the men wanted to jump off the ship into the ocean. Omg, why can I not remember that movie?! I think it was a pretty good one too. I know it's somewhere in some cartoon movie, pobably Disney. We should totally watch it.
It also reminds me of the 4th Harry Potter movie, with the golden egg, how when Harry opens it underwater, it's like a really pretty voice, because it's the voice of mermaids or soemthing.

Scylla reminds me of the Cracken (sp?) from Pirates of the Carribbean.

What happened on the Sun Island is just like Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. They weren't supposed to eat the cow/apple, but they did it anyway, and everyone felt the wrath of Zeus/God.
Yet, Odysseus does not die. But then again, he did not want to kill the cattle. But still, I don't know if he deserved to live while all of his men died. Well why did all of his men have to die? It seems like it was just for the glory of Odysseus.

That's funny. How it ends up back at where he started.

No comments: