Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lord of the Flies (Ch 2)

The author uses the word "creepers" a lot, and I think he's referring to vines and plants of the jungle, but since he chose that word (unless that was the common uses word for plants) it brings an eery and disturbing feel to the jungle.

I keep thinking of the show Lost and the jungle and characters on that show, especially Jack, because one of the main characters in the book is named Jack.

On page 34, I like the line, "The breezes that on the lagoon had chased their tails like kittens were finding their way across the platform and into the forest."

With the snake thing, I thought of the movie Anaconda.

On page 39, I like the phrase, "Their black caps of maintenence" referring to the choir boys.

I don't understand why Ralph had to stand on his head, on page 39.

I'm confused as to why on page 46, the boys all start yelling "Snakes! Look!" Does it mean they see snakes or something? And what is the drumroll on the other side of the mountain on page 47?

No comments: